"The many faces of assumed similarity in perceptions of personality"
We propose that most coefficients of assumed similarity in acquaintance ratings are based on actual similarity between observer and target rather than any bias to project self onto other. We assessed assumed similarity, actual similarity, and rater accuracy in 62 university roommate dyads who rated each other on 74 personality-related variables. Our findings indicate that our roommates (a) were actually alike on many variables, (b) knew this, rather than assumed it, and (c) applied this knowledge to enhance the accuracy of their ratings. We outline a model of judgment that urges three distinct concepts: true assumed similarity, known similarity, and spurious similarity. We conclude that personality ratings among acquaintances reflecting true assumed similarity are probably rare.
Similarity is a word that has different meanings for different persons or companies, it exactly depends on how mathematically is defined. I calculate overall similarity
in personality patterns with (a proprietary) pattern recognition by correlation method. It takes into account the score and the trend to score of any pattern. Online daters are "distinguishable" instead of "exchangeable".
Please read also:
TWO new fresh papers for the Online Dating Industry.
Compatibility 2013 explained by eHarmony.
Fernando Ardenghi's List of Firsts:-
First person in the World to say the entire Online Dating Industry in 1st World Countries is a HOAX.
person in the World to say many Online Dating sites like
eHarmony, PerfectMatch, Chemistry, PlentyOfFish Chemistry
Predictor, MeeticAffinity, Parship, Be2 and others are performing as placebo, like patent medicine.
- First person in the World to discover the Online Dating Sound Barrier problem.
- First and Only person in the World to solve the Online Dating Sound Barrier problem.
- First person in the World to suggest the normative 16PF5 test or similar like 15FQ+ to measure personality of daters instead of ipsative tests like PerfectMatch or Chemistry or other normative less powerful tests like the Big5.
- First person in the World to say Online Dating sites should check if women are taking contraceptive pills or other hormonal therapy.
- First person in the World to reverse engineering several online dating sites offering compatibility matching methods.
- First person in the World to notice Personality Based Recommender Systems are like compatibility matching engines.
- First person in the World to suggest Online Dating sites should show Compatibility Distribution Curves to every and each dater.
- First person in the World to compile research about Theories of Romantic Relationship Development.
- First person in the World to openly say Conferences for the Online Dating Industry like iDate and ODS are rubbish.
Do you think you can innovate and revolutionize the Online Dating Industry without taking into account the above list? No way.
What comes after the Social Networking wave?
The Next Big Investment Opportunity on the Internet will be .... Personalization!
Personality Based Recommender Systems and Strict Personality
Based Compatibility Matching Engines for serious Online Dating with the
normative 16PF5 personality test.