Monday, April 14, 2014
U.S.A. Digital Future in Focus 2014 (comScore Report)
The implications of a multi-platform majority:
In the United States, more than half of all digital time spent now comes from mobile devices. U.S. time spent consuming digital content has increased dramatically in past three years due to mobile platforms.
Content is consumed across multiple devices by the same person!
SmartPhones rule the mornings.
PCs rule during the day.
Tablets rule the evenings.
Australia Digital Future in Focus 2014 (comScore Report)
U.S.A. is no longer center of the digital world. China now has world’s largest desktop user base.
Some info is also valid for Latin American countries.
Mobile concept is evolving, meaning tablets with Wi-Fi Network access and not necessarily smartphones.
Mobile & Multi-Platform: With the availability of smartphones and tablets, the multi-platform omnivore has emerged. But, it’s not a zero-sum game: More devices result in more time on all devices, including TV. Please analyze the Incremental and the Cannibalizing behavior.
Please read also:
* comScore 2013 Argentina Digital Future in Focus
* Internet Trends report 2013 from KPCB
* mobile applications adoption rate
* Mobile Operators' Business Models
* "The Mobile Digital Omnivore" from ComScore UK
* Full Webinar and some slides LATAM Digital Future 2013
* 2013 Latin America Digital Future in Focus Report by comScore