Little, A. C., Jones, B. C., Burt, D. M. & Perrett, D. I. 2007. Preferences for symmetry in faces change across the menstrual cycle. Biological Psychology 76: 209–216.
Little, AC, Burt, DM & Perrett, DI 2006. Assortative mating for perceived facial personality traits. Personality and Individual Differences 40(5): 973-984.
Although Soul2Match's personality similarity approach is correct, how Soul2Match assesses personality (indirect method to measure the Big5 traits, ADDS DISTORTION to the measurement) and how Soul2Match calculates similarity (low precision method, I guess similarity is calculated using Pearson's product moment coefficient) is incorrect.
Compatibility is expressed only as a percentage, from 0% to 100%.
Soul2Match suffers from the range convergence phenomenon I had discovered during 2003.
That range convergence phenomenon is what I had called "the online dating sound barrier"
Who independently validated and independently certified how that profiling technology correlates with the Big5 traits?I want to see a paper showing Soul2Match correlates with the Big5 traits (like the one for the Dewey Color System showing its correlation with the 16PF and the distortion it adds.)
* CLICCK also matches users through a combination of its patent-pending facial recognition software, compatibility test and cutting edge biochemical attraction analysis, but that method is a HOAX, a complete SCAM.
* VisualDNA assesses personality with a graphic quiz, another HOAX, a complete SCAM.
* WriteMatch assesses personality with an ipsative instrument, results are a written report, a HOAX, a SCAM.
ALL indirect methods, ADD a lot of DISTORTION to the measurement.
The best way to assess personality of daters is using a normative instrument.
Compatibility is all about a high level on personality(1) similarity(2) between prospective mates for long term mating with commitment.
In compatibility matching methods there are 2 steps:
(1) to objectively measure personality traits or other human variables.
* WorldWide, there are over 5,000 online dating sites but no one is using the 16PF5 (or similar test like 15FQ+) to assess personality of its members.
Without offering the 16PF5 (or similar test measuring exactly the 16 personality factors, the complete inventory as established by Dr. Raymond Cattell during 1949) for serious dating, it will be impossible to innovate and revolutionize the Online Dating Industry.
The ensemble (whole set of different valid possibilities) of the 16PF5 is: 10E16, big number as All World Population is nearly 6.7 * 10E9
(2) to calculate compatibility between prospective mates.
* I had invented a new quantitative method to calculate compatibility between prospective mates, based on quantized pattern comparison (part of pattern recognition by correlation) named LIFEPROJECT METHOD.