Thursday, August 26, 2010

The "I like" button at Jazzed.




Have you noticed the "I like" button at Jazzed?

Is it going to use semantic web tools for online dating purposes?


Semantic web tools for online dating purposes will be a complete disaster, it will add a lot of distortion!!!
http://www.onlinepersonalswatch.com/news/2010/06/david-siegel-author.html
--------------------------------------

UPDATE

I was wrong.


I needed to create another fake male profile there at Jazzed to test how the "I Like" button performs.
When you click that button, it sends a special ice-breaker to the person.


e.g.

I had clicked the "I Like" button to the question a female answered:
"If you could have a dinner party with any 3 people living or dead, who would you invite?
My 3 grandparents"

and the system automatically sent her a message saying:

(the fake male profile I had invented for testing purposes) likes your answer to the question 'If you could have a dinner party with any 3 people living or dead, who would you invite?'



I had clicked the "I Like" button to the question a female answered:
"If you could be a contestant on any game show, which one would it be?
MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) - Japanese Game show aka Takeshi's Castle. It's hilarious!"

and the system automatically sent her a message saying:

(the fake male profile I had invented for testing purposes) likes your answer to the question 'If you could be a contestant on any game show, which one would it be?'


I had clicked the button 8 times in one profile, so I sent her 8 Nudges/Likes.


I had previously thought that button was performing like the "I Like" button at Facebook, where it is part of a behavioural recommendation engine by personal preferences, but the "I Like" button at Jazzed only sends nudges to the profile of a person.

Sorry for the confusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment